Fengqi Asia x Verizon Digital Media Services
One of the world's fastest CDN, coupled with the best local support
In partnership with Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), Fengqiyun customises Edgecast CDN offerings to meet the specific needs of enterprises in Asia Pacific at the most competitive price. Edgecast CDN, powered by the world’s largest telecommunication company Verizon, consistently outperforms others in terms of speed, reliability, flexibility and return on investment (ROI). We are simply a better choice for multiple reasons.
- Content distribution through intelligent global load balancing
- Supports object delivery on both large and small object platforms
- Typical large objects include video, audio and software downloads, based on fast disk accesses for all progressive download (HTTP) needs
- Typical small objects include image, java script, CSS and text files for ad serving, e-commerce sites and photo sharing applications.
- Intelligent global load balancing based on DNS and Anycast enables the routing infrastructure to direct any packets to the topologically closest service instance
- Supports live and on-demand video streaming, including Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, HTTP progressive, or H.264/HTML5
- Dynamic streaming for multi-bitrate delivery
- DVR technology and server archiving for live streams
- Streaming of H.264 and HE-AAC compressed media for smooth HD video
- Intelligent adaptation to changing computer and network conditions
- Enhanced stream protection and server-side security
- Stream content to a variety of mobile platforms, including iOS devices
- An additional level of customization by creating rules to override default behavior of CDN caching and delivery
- Rules are platform specific. Rule criteria can be set up on AS number, origin folder or subfolders, client IP address, cookie parameter, geo protection, edge Cname, referring domain, request header value, URL etc.
- Able to store the customers’ web contents on Fengqi’s origin storage platform
- Hosting and CDN services managed by a single vendor
- Supports RSYNC software application for faster transfer of files between the customers’ storage location and the origin storage platform
- Support Secure Shell (SSH) network protocol allows data to be exchanged using a secure channel between a customer’s storage and Fengqi’s origin storage
- Token-based authentication service uses a private key to pass encrypted values via the URL string, so as to grant or deny any file download requests
- Token values vary per service –HTTP, WMS, FMS
- Prevents many types of misuse e.g. unauthorized users and websites from hot-linking to the customers’ web contents and leveraging the customers’ bandwidth